IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated, and dedicated employees in the engineering field, and offers competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com
This is an opportunity to join the IERUS team as a Systems Engineer supporting a large Missile Defense Agency program.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to; perform use case development, and prepare systems engineering artifacts. Support the development and review of interface documents, system requirements, Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) development, architectural documentation, system engineering estimates, and author and perform formal and informal engineering reviews. Work will be performed under the direction of various technical leads and Product Owners and require interfacing with team members, management, and government customers to ensure high quality products are generated on time and within the resources available.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering) or equivalent years’ experience;
- Must be a US citizen with an active Secret clearance;
- Experience must include specific roles exposing the candidate to use case development, requirements solicitation, derivation, and decomposition through a structured and logical approach.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze high level needs utilizing use cases/scenarios and relate them to the requirements.
- Requirements solicitation, derivation, and decomposition to lower level subsystems and components; defining the relationships between internal and external components; communicating system level use cases and associated Epics and Feature relationships to a diverse group of customers, developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Candidate should possess the ability to be part of an integrated team tasked with developing and maintaining the physical, functional, and technical requirements baselines necessary to describe the desired capabilities of an evolving BMDS Battle Management system.
- Candidate should have experience applying requirements management practices using the DOORS tool.
- Skills generating system/element level functional, performance, and interface specifications to document and control the achievement of the desired capabilities.
- Experience with / knowledge of MBSE or model-based engineering desired.
- Excellent communications skills desired (written and oral).
- Demonstrated experience in mission analysis with skill in development of use cases, sequence diagrams, and SysML modeling in support of MBSE is desired.
- Experience with Agile Methods, and Epic and Feature definition is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated ability to implement engineering plans within a project. Experience with Cyber Security, the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and network design are highly desired.
- Skills in logical architecture modeling and/or interface definition, as well as knowledge of cyber security concepts and security accreditation are highly desirable.
Location: Huntsville, AL
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.