IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated, and dedicated employees in the engineering field, and offers competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com/culture
This is an opportunity to join the IERUS team as a Sr. Software Developer supporting a large Missile Defense Agency program. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience and be responsible for, but not limited to;
- Develop simulation infrastructure necessary to perform end-to-end functional and performance analysis of the Missile Defense System (MDS) supporting the systems engineering development process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Develop capabilities needed to integrate large-scale complex MDS Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools that generate results supporting system engineering discrimination products.
- Coordinate development with functional group leads and will interface with senior management.
- Document simulation framework roadmap and development results in reports and briefings to be presented to the team and MDA representatives.
- Perform as a team member on an agile software development team and may additionally be assigned leadership (i.e., Scrum Master) responsibilities within the team.
- Represent the discrimination group as an active member of the Modeling & Simulation Working Group.
- Set DevOps Engineering priorities with regard to increasing computing capacity and improving the simulation development environment.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering) and 10 years of related experience.
- Must be a US citizen with an active Secret clearance.
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency in modern software development languages such as C++.
- Must have significant experience in multiple of the following areas: multi-threaded programming, object-oriented software design/development, TCP and UDP socket development, language interfacing between C++ and MATLAB/Python/Java, application of design patterns, and/or discrete time simulation frameworks (DIS or HLA). Able to work as a member of fast paced, agile software development team with frequent interactions with functional model development teams and occasionally with senior leadership.
- Individual must possess good communication and presentation skills and the ability to write technical documentation.
- Experience or understanding of software architecture for integrated, time-synchronous, medium or high fidelity physics based simulations.
- Experience setting up databases and helping to architect model based analyses tools.
- Experience developing Application Programming Interfaces.
- Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments, Linux job management, and GPU programming. Basic understanding of one or more of the elements of the MDS to include RF and EOIR sensors, C2, resource management, fire control, and weapon systems.
- Understanding of the underlying physics and mathematics needed to model the MDS and their application to areas such as: object detection, tracking, signal processing, discrimination, ballistic trajectory calculations, threat system modeling, constrained resource management/scheduling, etc.
- Ability and willingness to obtain Top Secret clearance.
Location: Huntsville, AL
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.