IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is always looking for bright, talented, motivated and dedicated employees in the engineering field, especially those with electromagnetics experience. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
The Stress Analyst will be responsible for performing preliminary and detailed level stress analysis of aerospace flight structures and mechanisms, electronic components, and ground and test support equipment using standardized processes and tools. Will review and coordinate stress analysis and provide technical mentorship to less experienced stress analysts and actively support knowledge transfer.
- Generating stress analysis products to support data packages, peer reviews, and external customer reviews;
- Preparing technical charts and represent the organization in design reviews and outside contracts;
- Supporting static structural test definition, requirements, monitoring, data reduction, and comparison to analysis while understanding and incorporating other applicable mechanical (thermal, dynamic, materials, etc…) and system level requirements/parameters into the stress analyses;
- Supporting development of weight-optimized, compliant flightworthy components and structural assemblies which satisfy the contractual design criteria as well as any producibility requirements defined by Manufacturing and Quality Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant technical field; or combination of relevant education/experience;
- 8 plus years of experience;
- Experience with NX/NASTRAN finite element modeling or equivalent;
- Previous missile experience;
- Ability to apply new and advanced analytical techniques necessary to perform structural analysis;
- Knowledge of and applicable experience with spacecraft or aircraft structural analysis methods, including classical hand calculations and experience with mechanical joints;
- U.S. Citizen;
- Active Secret Clearance
- A Master’s degree is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work in a collaborative and highly integrated team environment;
- Ability and desire to assume ownership of tasks and drive to closure quickly and efficiently;
- Non-linear and buckling analysis experience;
- Composite Materials, Mechanisms, ground support, and test analysis experience;
- Experience with Abaqus, Matlab, Mathcad and CREO;
- Static, vibration, acoustic, modal, shock test experience of aerospace flight hardware;
- Missiles experience;
- Top Secret clearance or higher.
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.