IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated, and dedicated employees in the engineering field, and offers competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com/culture
This is an opportunity to join the IERUS team as a ACEOPS System Administrator supporting a large Missile Defense Agency program. The will operate, maintain and manage Linux based systems supporting a software development environment. You will be responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Windows/Linux environment and for backup and recovery (to include disaster recovery) of system data.
- Ensure all data is being backed up on a regular basis.
- Ensure backup system is functioning correctly and periodically test the backup system by restoring files.
- Respond appropriately to any system security/virus incident discovered.
- Install, configure, monitor, manage and maintain all Linux based servers.
- Create and maintain Linux server documentation.
- Create and maintain Linux system administration processes and procedures.
- Install, configure, manage and maintain Linux server based applications.
- Ensure Linux based systems have the appropriate patches installed; including but not limited to, security, applications and OS.
- Ensure Linux based systems are running current versions of antivirus software with current virus definition files.
- Create, manage and maintain security groups.
- Create, manage and maintain user accounts.
- Monitor, manage and maintain storage systems and devices.
- Create and maintain Windows/Linux server images.
- Recommend system enhancements, including but not limited to, servers, applications, storage, processes and procedures.
- Recommend when additional system resources are required or when existing resources should be retired.
- Ensure all appropriate asset management functions are completed as required.
- Ensure all Linux servers are configured to comply with all appropriate security policies.
- All other tasks as assigned by the IT site lead or IT manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science, Engineering, or Software Engineering or equivalent experience and 5 years of relevant experience.
- DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI.
- Use of Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DOD 8570 IAT II certification with any of the following certifications (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
- Experience with Linux system administration, System Security Implementations, Linux shell scripting, Ansible playbook development and management, Security-Enhanced (SE) Linux and Red Hat repository administration.
- Must have technical skills supporting a varied and diverse environment including server setup, deployment and maintenance.
- Must also have a background/ knowledge of Linux environment and administration.
- Understanding of configuration managed Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Understanding of what IT’s role is in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) and how it can be applied to PaaS.
- Knowledge with applying containers (Docker) and use of container orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Desire an understanding of the Agile processes.
- Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Multi-Factor Authentication implementation like IPA and ADFS, OpenShift, OpenStack, VMware ESXI, QAS/VAS, Windows, Active Directory, Backup and Recovery, Containers and Container Orchestration products.
- Knowledge of Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Jira and Confluence.
- Understand the concept of PaaS and SaaS.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and how it applies to IT and IT products.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The proposed salary range for this position is $77.9k – $120.9k. Salaries are commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications within the experience bandwidth, as well as market and business considerations.
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.