IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated, and dedicated employees in the engineering field, and offers competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com/culture
This is an opportunity to join the IERUS team as a Systems Engineer supporting a large Missile Defense Agency program.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience and be responsible for, but not limited to; Perform System level engineering and analysis of kill vehicle performance within in the Missile Defense System, including mathematical-based modeling and simulation. Develop performance concepts and requirements functionality and performance against evolving threats and countermeasures. Evaluate and bring leading edge techniques and radar capabilities into the system for consideration. Lead modeling and simulation tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in an engineering discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering) or equivalent years’ experience;
- Must be a US citizen with an active Secret clearance;
- Technical background in kill vehicle functionality and performance;
- Must possess demonstrated numerical modeling and simulation capability using a high level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, or similar language environment or demonstrated strong skills analyzing output from performance modeling and simulation;
- Ability to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Capable of working in focused teams as an independent individual contributor.
- Demonstrated experience modeling or simulating missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.);
- Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems ((e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.), a discriminator in selection;
- Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the Ballistic missile defense system, kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.);
- Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems.
Location: Huntsville, AL
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.