IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is always looking for bright, talented, motivated and dedicated employees in the engineering field, especially those with electromagnetics experience. IERUS offers competitive compensation packages, retirement options, and benefits packages. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com.
The Structural Analyst will be responsible for the integrated analysis of complex systems and approving CAD drawings. The position requires use of analytical methods, finite element models/simulations, and other analysis tools to produce models, perform analysis, calculations, data reduction, and correlate test results for structures and/or structural dynamics. This analysis will include detailed stress analyses utilizing standard industry programs. Candidate will work in a team environment to design and analyze structural systems.
The candidate will help resolve complex technical issues, generate finite element models, perform stress analysis, and analyze and interpret results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline;
- Must have proven working knowledge with finite element analysis tools, such as Femap, Nastran, Abaqus or ANSYS;
- 2+ years of Femap/Nastran experience;
- 5+ years FEA experience;
- Must have experience using CBUSH elements to extract forces from FEM;
- 5+ yrs structural analysis experience; Metallic structures preferred;
- Must be a US Citizen;
- Active Final Secret Clearance required.
- General experience with:
- Welded steel structures
- Familiar with weld knockdown factor(s)
- Bolted joints (preferably per NASA-STD-5020)
- Welded steel structures
- Able to draw free body diagrams along with shear and moment diagrams;
- Able to validate FEM with classical hand calculations;
- Knowledge of ASME drawing standards;
- Proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are essential for the team environment;
- Candidate should have good organizational skills and be detail-oriented.
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.