IERUS specializes in electromagnetic spectrum technologies and design for RF, IR, and optical applications. IERUS also supports customers with a diverse set of competencies including software development, air and missile defense, and systems engineering. IERUS develops value for our defense and commercial customers through accelerations of the technology life cycle: identifying, creating, transitioning, and producing technologies with integrity of purpose and product.
IERUS is looking for bright, talented, motivated, and dedicated employees in the engineering field, and offers competitive compensation and benefits package. To learn more, please visit www.ierustech.com
This is an opportunity to join the IERUS team as a Systems Engineer supporting a large Missile Defense Agency program.
System Safety Engineering and development of program safety plans to provide the engineering team with application of safety policies and guidance. Individual will provide support to MDA and other program personnel as required as well as other system engineering tasks as required. Successful candidate will interface with team members and National Team management to ensure high quality products are generated on time and within the resources available. Responsibilities include integration of the product lines (BM, C2, Networks), generation of responsible sections of the capability specifications, training less experienced personnel in SE and Safety techniques, reviewing the content and details of technical products, and acting as a technical interface to MDA working level counterparts on an as required basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering, and 9 years of related experience with increasingly responsible roles in the development and integration of large-scale Command & Control, and Battle Management Systems.
- Candidate should possess System Engineering background with specialization in System and Software Safety.
- Must have the ability to be part of an integrated team tasked with defining the physical, functional, and technical architecture necessary to describe the desired capabilities of an evolving BMDS Battle Management, Command & Control, and Communications effort.
- Identification and definition of desired capabilities; modeling the interrelationships between internal and external components; communicating the desired capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users; and generating system/element level functional, performance, and interface specifications to document and control the achievement of the desired capabilities.
- Possess in depth knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and techniques.
- System engineering and software systems engineering experience required in developing new and integrating existing systems.
- Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of hardware and software.
- Excellent communications skills desired (written and oral).
- Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Able to implement engineering plans within a project.
- Must be a self-starter – able to lead portions of the activity and direct the activities of junior and mid-level engineers.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active Secret security clearance.
Location: Huntsville, AL
IERUS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
IERUS Technologies participates in E-Verify.